September 20th – September 27th
Bellingham Vegan Restaurant Week is a weeklong celebration of vegan dining scheduled for September 20th-27th during our 2020 Veg Fest Week! Veganism is more widespread than ever in our community. People are looking for delicious plant-based options for their health, for the climate, and animal welfare.
We envision this week as an exploration of the creativity and diversity of vegan dining. We ask participating restaurants around Bellingham to offer at least one vegan menu options during the week. We invite our local restaurants to participate in this take out/dine out celebration and hope you will consider creating a special menu item for this week.
Bellingham Vegan Restaurant week happens to coincide with Bellingham Climate Action Week! Our community will be looking for ways to minimize their personal impact on our planet and choosing plant-based options is one way to do that.
Did you know:
• Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 32 billion tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.
• 5% of water consumed in the US is by private homes, while growing feed crops for livestock consumes 56% of water in the US.
• 1.5 acres of land can yield 37,000 lbs. of plant-based food or 375 lbs. of meat.
• Farmed animals eat 70% of the grains and cereals grown in the United States.
• It takes 100 calories of grain to produce 3 calories’ worth of beef. And it requires 1,799 gallons of water to produce 1lb of meat.
(See these statistics and more at Cowspiracy.com/facts)
What participating restaurants can expect:
- Restaurant’s Name and Website will be listed on our website.
- Restaurant’s Name and Website will be listed on the FB event page.
- We will share the restaurant’s participation on our Instagram and Facebook & in local vegan Facebook groups.
- Restaurants that sign-up by Monday 8/17 will be listed on the flyer.
- Restaurants that sign-up by Monday 8/24 will be mentioned on our podcast/radio show.
- All participating restaurants will be entered into the “Best of Vegan Restaurant Week” contest. Customers will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite vegan option(s)!
IMPORTANT: The menu option must be 100% Vegan. This means no meat, dairy, eggs, honey, beeswax, bee pollen, or animal derived gelatin.
Cost: $25 per restaurant
This fee will help cover part of the costs to promote this event (printed and digital advertising, ads in local publications, community billboard, and more!) Bellingham Veg Fest is a 501c3 nonprofit and the fee is tax deductible.